A business architect is an employee hired by a business organisation to perform tasks such as analysis of business operations, implementation of strategies to achieve goals or objectives and recommending changes in order to improve the performance of the company. A business architect is responsible for developing strategic goals and the methods to achieve them thereof.
There are many educational requirements and skills which are required from a person who wishes to become a business architect in a business organisation. The following part of this write up shall explain and give details of the job description of a business architect. Please read it for your knowledge and reference.
Business architect duties and responsibilities:
There are many different duties and responsibilities of a business architect. The following are a few important ones:
- A business architect is responsible for business analysis, studying business models and suggesting or recommending necessary changes for the betterment of the company and for its benefit.
- A business architect is also responsible for working closely with the IT department of the company to work for linking the strategic goals and the implementation processes.
- A business architect also performs supervision of the various business departments.
- Business architects works to support the business unit managers and to create business plans.
- A business architect looks after the fact that the goals and objectives of the company are met along with ensuring the fact that the business methods and values are maintained.
Business architect skills and qualifications:
A business architect must possess the following skills and qualifications in order to perform the above given duties:
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks at a given time and work for long hours.
- Knowledge of the functioning of each department of the company is also important.
Business Architect Educational Requirements:
The following are the educational requirements which are required from a person who wishes to become a business architect:
- A bachelor’s degree in any subject but preferably related to business studies etc from an accredited college is a must.
- A master’s degree in business management or MBA is another major requirement for this job position.
- Diploma course in business analysis, administrations, management etc may also be required in certain cases.
Business Architect salary:
The salary of a business architect per year is $83000 which may be different for different job duties of a business architect.