A business development official or manager is an employee of a business organisation who is mainly responsible for building and creating business opportunities for the company. Any person at this job position is required to manage and supervise the business operations which shall generate business development scope. A business development office or manager is an individual who must be able to acquire new business projects or bids for the organisation. This job can be attained by a person with an ample amount of experience as a business development team member.
Business Development Duties and Responsibilities:
The following are the duties and responsibilities of a person at the position of a business development manager or officer:
- A business development officer sets targets and develops strategies for the growth of business prospects for the company.
- A business development manager also looks after the development process of draft.
- proposals which are formed as a result of team meetings or discussions.
- Proposes ideas and methods to expand the business scope in the market.
- Conducts meetings to develop ideas to acquire project bids.
Business Development Skills and Qualifications:
Any person who wishes to become a business development personnel in a company must have the following skills and qualifications:
- Ability to discuss and argue on strategic and financial issues.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills so as to conduct meetings with clients and other employees of the company.
- A strong personality to enforce duties and delegate business development work.
- One must possess excellent managerial skills and knowledge of the market in order to become a business development officer.
Business Development Educational Qualifications:
The following are the educational qualifications which are required from a person at the job position of a business development manager:
- A high school passing certificate from a recognised school.
- A bachelor’s degree in any discipline, preferably finance, accountancy or business management is a requisite for a person interested in the job of a business development officer.
- Master’s degree in business administration or MBA from an accredited college is often a prerequisite for this kind of a job position.
- Diploma course or training in business development, market strategies etc may also be required in most cases.
Business Development Salary:
A person working within the business development team of a company is expected to earn between $30000 and $50000 whereas a business development manager’s average median salary is $83000.
- A High School Diploma
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Network Administration, Computer Programming or Computer Science
Systems Administrator Salary
The average annual salary of a systems administrator is around $ 77,000 which may also vary depending upon the experience and the job profile.