Business Director Job Profile Description:
A business director job description includes overseeing and supervising day to day operations of the business organization. This means that the business director must be aware of what is happening in his company, take control of decision making of major business decisions and formulate company policy to ensure clarity. The business director is the nominal head of all the sections and subsections into which the business organization is resolved, like sales, finance, production, manufacture, distribution and implementation. However, depending on the particularized qualifications of the business director, he can choose to exert more authority over certain sections.
The business director also needs to exert control over every sphere of the business organization from reviewing of business policy and decisions to maintaining and regulating production.
Business Director Duties and Responsibilities:
The following are the duties and responsibilities of the business director:
- Assessing and reviewing every major business decision taken by the business organization, analyzing financial status.
- Granting the passing of funds and grants, and ensuring the passing of salaries for the employees of the business organization.
- Targeting the customer and client base of the business organization, creating positive interaction between customers and the representatives of the business organization.
- Setting rules and guidelines for the selection and recruitment process of the company, ensuring personnel guidelines are adhered to and maintaining standard of performance from employees.
- Creating an amiable work environment where employees can derive high job satisfaction and productivity can be increased sufficiently.
- Ensuring that legal formalities like filing the annual returns of the company with the requisite agencies are done with.
- Managing the employees of the company, and strategizing about business decisions, partnerships, projects and policies.
- Create a viable working environment, framing company recruitment policy and ensuring that daily operations are smoothly conducted.
Business Director Skills and Specifications:
In order to work in the position of a business director, an individual must possess following skill sets:
- Good Leadership Skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good management skills.
- Eye for details.
- Complete knowledge of company functions.
Business Director Education and Qualification:
- Master’s degree in Business Administration.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration.
- Additional courses in Behavioral Economics, Macroeconomics, Business management.
- High School or equivalent GED
Business Director Salary:
According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor, the business director of a profitable business establishment varies between 120,000USD to 200,000USD per annum. This is a highly speculative figure and can vary vastly depending on the nature of the organization the individual heads, the profits it makes, the kind of stakes he holds in the company and other such integral factors.