A business manager is an important employee of any big or small business enterprise or organisation. The scope and nature of duties may vary from one company to another but any person employed at this job position mainly attends to marketing, finance, accounting and the day to day operations of the office or the company.
In a large organisation, the head business manager may delegate duties to junior office managers and other people at managerial posts such as marketing manager, finance manager etc. The following shall explain the description of the job of a business manager:
Business Manager Duties and Responsibilities:
The main duties and responsibilities of a business manager are given as follows:
- A business manager is responsible for the overall management of the work place or office and is required to take care of the day to day operations of the company such as handling interviews, training sessions, managing the various bills of the company such as the phone bills, electricity bills etc.
- It is the duty of a business manager to handle the situation wherein a party has been committed on behalf of the company. He/she is answerable to the clients and the customers.
- He/she looks after the delegation of duties to different employees and junior managers.
- A business manager suggests strategies and back up plans to the seniors.
- A business manager is responsible for reaching the short term or day to day goals of the organization by assisting the employees and the administrators.
Business Manager skills and Qualifications:
The following are the skills and qualifications of a business manager:
- Exceptional interpersonal or communication skills are really important for one to do justice to this job position.
- Ability to handle crunch situations or workload is one of the most important skills or attribute which a business manager must possess.
- One must be able to take charge in deadline situations and must be able to motivate the employees to work as a unit.
Business Eanager Educational Qualifications:
The following are the educational qualifications which a person must have to become a business manager:
- A bachelor’s degree in any field from an accredited college.
- A master’s degree in business administration, finance or accounting is a must for someone who wishes to become a business manager.
- Diploma course in management or business studies.
Business Manager Salary:
A person working at the position of a business manager in a medium level company earn at an average is $67000. But this may vary according to the duties associated with the job.