Business Risk Consultant Job Profile and Description
Business risk consultants are professionals who utilize the various analytical practices for determining the internal problems of a business, probable corporate threats and the potential financial losses of a particular company. They often work as independent consultants, performing audits, compiling risk assessment reports, providing the senior management with evidence-based suggestions for improving the standing and reducing the general risk.
Business risk consultants often utilize the services of a risk management team. Common duties include training staff members, creating business plans, designing the risk management procedures and documenting the company progress, ensuring compliance etc.
Business Risk Consultant Duties and Responsibilities
Some of the common duties and responsibilities that a business risk consultant has to perform include the following:
- Conducting international and domestic contract reviews, confirming that insurance provisions are in adherence to the various regulatory provisions and internal policies.
- Give consultation on the contractual risk transfer techniques besides specific provisions.
- Providing risk management consultation to project managers and attorneys and similar personnel.
- Providing technical consultation for determining whether the received safety certificates.
- Evaluating, communicating and driving property and causal loss control improvements across global locations.
- Evaluating site management systems, conditions and practices related to compliance requirements for enhancing the understanding of exposures and guiding the implementation of processes for ensuring compliance.
Business Risk Consultant Skills and Specifications
The common skills and specifications that a business risk consultant must have include the following:
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability in producing quality deliverables on a timely basis.
- Building and nurturing a positive work relationship with various clients for exceeding their expectations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills, good communication abilities and self starter.
- Participating and actively supporting the mentor programs of the company with three years at the senior level.
Business Risk Consultant Education and Qualification
Some of the common educational qualifications that a business risk consultant must have are as follows:
- Graduation in accounting, finance, business administration or other related fields.
- MBA is the desired requirement or any other similar qualification. Else, any certification in accounting or operations would also suffice.
- At least eight years’ experience in a similar capacity in a large firm.
Business Risk Consultant Salary
Business risk consultants are usually entitled to an annual average salary of $91,500 according to figures released by the US labor bureau.