Business Strategy Consultant Job Profile and Description
Business strategy consultants are important business professionals especially for those businesses that need a fresh perspective on the communication and operational issues. The strategy consultant is usually a member of an external management consultancy company and hired for a period of time to provide strategic directions.
He has to work on the formulation of strategies and developing initiatives to achieve excellence regarding customer care, innovation and services. Strategy consultants collect information and also direct the scope of research that includes competitors as well as other peers.
Based on the analysis for defining problems and business cases, the strategy consultants suggest new operational methods.
Business Strategy Consultant Duties and Responsibilities
Some of the common duties and responsibilities that a business risk consultant has to perform include the following:
- Creating new strategies for sustainable long term growth.
- Ensuring that customer feedback drive solution generation as well as the product development process.
- Leading the overall research, product strategy and development efforts in coordination with the boarder software development and product management teams for emerging products and services.
- Evaluating partnership opportunities, competitors and acquisition targets for the specified product service line.
Business Strategy Consultant Skills and Specifications
The common skills and specifications that a business risk consultant must have include the following:
- Ability for working with the senior leadership and across the organization for facilitating application of various approaches, methodologies and framework.
- Ability for dealing with ambiguities and operating in a fast paced environment requiring minimal supervision.
- Ability in thinking strategically and conceptually and maintaining a focus on the operational excellence.
- Ability for confidently raising various issues with the senior management.
- Ability to work in collaboration under a team environment.
- Superb written and verbal communication skills.
Business Strategy Consultant Education and Qualification
Some of the common educational qualifications that a business risk consultant must have are as follows:
- MBA in finance or operations from a recognized university.
- At least seven years’ experience of management consulting under a change environment, readiness, strategic communications and organizational transformation.
- Experience of leading a team and developing junior staff members.
- Experience in project management principles and the best practices leading to deliverable products that include briefings and documents.
- Knowledge of best practice in change management that includes, appropriate use and variety of change frameworks.
Business Strategy Consultant Salary
A business strategy consultant is usually paid an annual average salary of $91,500.