Construction Helper is required to assist in various construction activities such as mixing cement for fixing the bricks, fetching bricks to the construction site, loading and unloading various construction goods and various other similar tasks. He may assist the electricians, plumber, construction worker, mason and various other skilled labors at the construction site. It is essential for a construction helper to be patient enough to listen to the instructions from different supervisors and carry out the tasks appropriately.
The task of a construction helper involves a lot of physical labor and therefore the person aiming to get into this position should be physically fit.
Construction Helper Duties and Responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities of a Construction Helper include:
- Construction helper is required to help in keeping the construction site clean. He/ She needs to ensure that there is no water clogging, waste products are disposed off properly and the tools and equipments are arranged appropriately after use.
- Construction helper needs to help in loading and unloading construction equipments and building material.
- Construction helper is required to help in mixing the cement well to use it for construction purpose.
- Construction helper needs to help in fetching the bricks and fixing them appropriately with cement and plaster.
- Construction helper is required to help the electricians in carrying out various tasks on the construction site.
- Construction helper needs to assist the plumbers in carrying out various plumbing tasks.
- Construction helper may be required to help the mason in carrying out various masonry works.
Construction Helper Skills and Specifications
Construction Helper requires the below mentioned skills and specifications:
- Construction Helper should be physically fit and hard working.
- Construction Helper should have knowledge about the various construction materials including cement, sand, plaster, paint, etc.
- Construction Helper should know how to make use of various construction tools and equipments.
- Construction Helper should have good listening skills and the ability to carry out the instructions given by the others.
Construction Helper Education and Qualification
The education and qualification requirements for a construction helper are as follows:
- A High School Diploma
- There is no specific degree required in order to get into this position.
- One does not even require any experience to become a construction engineer. However, certain employers may prefer candidates having some work experience.
Construction Helper Salary
A construction helper has an average annual salary of $ 25,000. The salary may vary based on the city and the organization he is employed at.