Customer Service Banker Job Profile and Description
Customer service bankers are involved in assisting financial and banking services customers with accounts management as well as other financial servicing needs. This can take place both within the banking establishment as well as over the telephone and virtual banking environment. The customer service positions usually range from the teller at any banking or financial institution to customer service representatives at banking call centers.
According to the US Department Labor Bureau of Labor Statistics, a customer service banker “require continual communication with customers, repetitive tasks, and a high level of attention to security.” A customer service banker can be posted at branch locations, large scale processing facilities and at banking headquarters. Most customer service bankers adhere to the standard 40-hour work week.
Customer Service Banker Duties and Responsibilities
The common duties that a customer service banker has to discharge include the following:
- Delivering personalized services over the phone to customers on various banking accounts, products as well as service inquiries in an efficient and effective manner.
- The ability to understand the needs of the customer and also provide adequate attention and appropriate solution.
- Identifying cross selling opportunities during a customer interaction.
- Soliciting customer feedback and also identifying the problem trends for the improvement actions.
- Consistently delivering quality services to the customer for achieving full customer satisfaction.
- Assisting the customers with the inquiries, escalating and redirecting problems whenever appropriate.
Customer Service Banker Skills and Specifications
A customer service banker is expected to have the following skills:
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Problem analysis and solving.
- Knowledge of the banking products and instruments.
- Knowledge about the banking rules that are updated by the state and federal governments from time to time.
Customer Service Banker Education and Qualification
Following are the education and qualifications required for being a customer service banker.
- Graduation in a relevant discipline, especially, accounting or management accounting.
- Knowledge of MS Office applications especially the spreadsheet solutions.
- An experience of 4-5 years is the relevant industry is desirable.
Customer Service Banker Salary
A customer service banker who has proper experience can command a salary of about $34,250 per year along with the applicable perks and bonuses. In most cases the remuneration increases as the candidate goes on adding experience. Customer service bankers, after several years of experience, can expect to draw about $75,000 per year.