Data Analyst Job Description and profile
Data Analysts have the task of collecting and analyzing the data with the aim of aiding their company in acquiring the data needed to make perfect the marketing, business and such practices. The data analysts are highly trained professionals who have the duty of performing the job of analyzing, running a range of mathematical calculations in order to determine the manner in which data samples should be used to profit in the business.
Most importantly, they help the businesses to expand, cut risks and do better progress in the market. These people work in different sectors and based on the nature of the sectors their duties greatly vary.
Data Analyst Duties and Responsibilities
- Using technical expertise for culling data through the superior computerized models and extrapolating data patterns.
- Using of statistics and algorithms for predicting the meaning of data.
- Developing graphs and charts for elucidating on how mathematical information can influence a particular business.
- Telling and advising the employers on how to alter the business models with the aim of generating lucrative future trends.
- Employing writers in order to assist them in the process of putting mathematical results into words.
- Carrying out data cleaning for removing incorrect data.
- Making the assessment of quality of the data in order to help the company which deals with that the particular data.
- Assessing actuarial tables for finding out the liability coverage, evaluating risk, culling statistical data in order to find out whether the company is harming itself.
Data Analyst Education, Training and Qualifications
Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Finance, Accounting, or Economics is absolutely imperative in order to function in this field. The professional has to stay aware of the latest trends in the world of finance in order to implement the strategies and methods in his mode of operation.
Data Analyst Degrees, Courses & Certification
There are number of degrees available on data analysis, which can be taken by the data analysts in order to gather knowledge in this field. An advanced degree in mathematics, economics, or computer science is not just enough but professionals have to take up certificate courses in data analysis to work effectively.
Data Analyst Skills and Specifications
- Good communication skills
- Great mathematical and statistical skills
- Critical thinking and active reasoning abilities
- Great evaluator skills and problem solving skills
- Adept in data analyzing field
Data Analyst Salary/Wage
The salary of Data Analyst is about $ 80,000 annually. Apart from this salary, the professional earns a number of benefits which helps the salary level to rise to a higher level.