Education Advisor Job Profile and Description
An education advisor is a person who is responsible for guiding school officials. The field of the job is vast. The education advisor often has to carry out his work anywhere from a national school to a large school.
The job mostly involves providing guidance on the matters that are related to the accomplishment of the federal and state procedures and policies. Education advisors have to carry out research in areas like education methods and techniques.
Other duties include supporting the physical, intellectual and social welfare to students or others as may be described in the job offer.
Education Advisor Duties and Responsibilities
Some of the typical duties and responsibilities that an education advisor has to execute include the following:
- Planning and managing various educational policies.
- Develop procedures and programs for teachers’ in service education.
- Discussing with federal, state and locally based schools’ officials and for augmenting the curriculum.
- Setting up of guidelines for various educational programs.
- Confer with both professional and lay groups for purposes of circulation.
- Receiving inputs for education methods.
- Review and evaluate collection of courses.
- Interpreting and implementing different provisions of state education policies and regulations related to the state education board.
- Taking active part in workshops, conferences and committees.
- Work for the promoting physical, intellectual and social welfare of students.
Education Advisor Skills and Specifications
Some of the skills and specifications that an education advisor must possess are likely to include the following:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Good presentation skills.
- Strong analytical skills for analyzing various aspects carefully.
- Interpersonal and customer servicing skills.
- Advise people correctly on various important issues.
- Good leadership qualities and organizational capabilities.
- Multitasking skills and a professional demeanor.
Education Advisor Education and Qualification
Some of the common educational qualifications that an education advisor must have are as follows:
- Graduation in any stream from a recognized college or university in education, business administration, communication.
- Master’s degree is distinctly preferable.
- At least three years’ experience in marketing, sales, recruitment, files management etc.
- Certificate course in an allied field.
Education Advisor Salary
Education advisors can expect to get an annual average salary of $72,500 as revealed by the US bureau of labor statistics. Senior advisors often prefer working as independent professionals advising on various education projects. Such professionals charge a fee for their service that varies according to the project.