Education Assistant needs to assist the teachers in carrying out various tasks such as handling the students, maintaining discipline in the school premises, assigning homework to the students, evaluating their performance, conducting class tests, encouraging the students to participate in different activities, organizing events such as annual day, sports day, etc.
Education assistant is required to follow the instructions given by the teacher he is assisting. It is essential to undergo a relevant degree course in order to get into this position. Most employers also prefer hiring education assistants having prior work experience in the same field.
Education Assistant Duties and Responsibilities
Education Assistant is required to manage various tasks of the organization he is working for. Some of his job duties and responsibilities are as follows:
- Education Assistant needs to assist the teachers in educating the students using various means.
- Education Assistant is required to help the teachers in preparing assignments for the students.
- Education Assistant is required to ensure that the decorum of the school is maintained at all times.
- Education Assistant needs to prepare the students for examination.
- Education Assistant is required to help the teachers in organizing the sports day meet, annual day and various other school events.
- Education Assistant needs to help in making arrangements for the parents-teachers meetings.
- Education Assistant is required to assist the teachers in checking the homework done by the students.
- Education Assistant needs to help the teachers in finding new and creative ways to make the classroom sessions more interesting.
Education Assistant Skills and Specifications
The skills and specifications that are required to become a Education Assistant are as follows:
- Education Assistant is expected to have patience as he needs to deal with children.
- Education Assistant should be skilled in handling children and maintaining discipline amongst them.
- Education Assistant should be creative and have the ability to find new ideas.
- Education Assistant must have good communication as well as listening skills.
Education Assistant Education and Qualification
The educational qualification needed to get into the position of Education Assistant is as follows:
- A High School Diploma
- Bachelor’s Degree in any Discipline
- Should attend Education Assistant Program
Education Assistant Salary
The average annual salary of Education Assistant is $ 39,000. The salary may vary depending upon the school or educational institute he is working in. The city in which the candidate is employed also determines the salary he is drawing. Another factor that impacts the salary of an education assistant is his qualification and work experience.