Event Director Job Description and Profile
An Event Director is a professional who takes care of the event related work of companies, corporate, individuals etc. These professionals anticipate the project needs, recognize the work priorities, and also meet stipulated deadlines. They sometimes work under supervision while in many cases they work independently. The event directors should have exceptional event management knowledge, should furnish superior customer service. They are enthusiastic professional who should have the ability to build good relationships with all types of customers.
Event Director Duties and Responsibilities
- Delivering the stipulated events within budget, within time and following all expectations.
- Providing the required leadership, direction, motivation and support to the team
- Setting the requirements in order to complete work within deadline, communicating the matter to the client, and setting priorities for every project
- Communicating with the existing clients, maintaining the relationship and developing new client relationships
- Developing the process of production and transfer of the projects from the proposal till delivery.
- Creating room layouts in order to suit each event and serving as a liaison with the vendors for event related issues
- Staying responsible for the project budgets from the start till the end.
- Ensuring that superior customer service as well quality delivery is being offered.
- Gathering data on each and every project for achieving superior event productions.
- Conducting research, making site visits, finding resources in order to assist staff in making decisions regarding event possibilities.
- Managing the administrative and operational functions for particular projects get delivered efficiently
- Proposing fresh ideas for improving event planning and implementing process.
- Assisting with the on-site production work and cleaning up for the events whenever needed.
- Preparing nametags, notebooks, materials, packages, registration lists etc and the close out of events.
Event Director Education, Training and Qualifications
A diploma or bachelor’s degree in some subject is extremely imperative for the candidates to enter into this profession. But then apart from formal education, managerial abilities, motivation and ability to work under stress are more essential.
Event Director Degrees, Courses & Certification
Often, these event directors take up courses in the field of event management that are essential for understanding the practical details of this job. They need to attend seminars, conference, and exhibition along with corporate trips.
Event Director Skills and Specifications
- Good amount of understanding of event management.
- Excellent inter personal skills with quick thinking abilities
- Great managerial abilities and great leadership qualities
- Ability to take initiative
- Ability to work under stress and within strict budget.
Event Director Salary/Wage
The salary of an event director is about $ 60,000 annually. This salary is likely to increase if the professional possesses good degree of experience and expertise.