Executive Director Job Description and Profile
Every company has its own set of aims and ambitions which are fulfilled by the company’s employees. But then these employees need to be directed and supervised by someone who would be responsible for every action. The executive director is one such person who looks after the functioning of everyone from the junior employees to those in the management. He/she stays responsible for the overall planning as well as management of the organization. Even planning and executing work together with the board of directors is one of the most important duties of these professionals.
Executive Director Duties and Responsibilities
- Running the company in such a manner that it offers utmost productivity, maximize amount of profits etc.
- Formulating strategies and plans which will ensure that organization’s welfare.
- Coordinating with the company’s board of directors and other such heads in the purpose of developing programs and implementing them.
- Leading the company along with the workers keeping the focus of the company in mind.
- Ensuring that stipulated programs are good enough for meeting the objectives of the company.
- Overseeing the general management of the company, the quality and operations of different departments.
- Staying responsible for every development of the company from asset management, budget planning, training, recruiting to technological progress etc.
- Attending and presiding over all top-level meetings and then reporting all the events to the company’s board of directors.
- Possessing brilliant leadership qualities with the aid of which this professional drive the employees of the company and make them function in the desired fashion.
Executive Director Education, Training and Qualifications
Candidates should have a master’s degree in fields like economics, management or any other business related area is essential. In order to rise to this position, these professionals need to possess good deal of experience apart from expertise which can be gained through working in the industry for appreciable amount of time.
Executive Director Degrees, Courses & Certification
These professionals often need to take training programs and certification courses in order to stay aware of the recent developments in this field which is ever evolving. Sometimes the companies send and fund these professionals for such courses which they feel are necessary for them.
Executive Director Skills and Specifications
- Broad understanding of strategies and plans for the successful functioning of the company.
- Great interpersonal skills with excellent managerial skills
- Sound leadership qualities and detail oriented
- Skilled at decision-making and problem solving
- Critical and logical thinking abilities
- Highly sensible planner
Executive Director Salary/Wage
The salary of an Executive Director is about $ 80,000 annually. The expertise and experience of the professional, size and nature of the industry, location of the employment area etc would determine the salary level of the professional.