Fashion Director Job Description and Profile
The task of a Fashion Director is to propose the sample garments to the sales representatives and agents. Along with this primary job, he/she needs to arrange for displays of these sample garments at the fashion shows. From sketching the rough drawings of clothing and writing specifications to presenting the items on shows, all these are the duties of these professionals. They also visit the textile showrooms with the aim of staying acquainted with changes in fashion. They even attend fashion shows for reviewing garment magazines.
Fashion Director Duties and Responsibilities
- Scheduling the programs, and fashion related activities of the company they work for.
- Communicating with peers and clients by telephone, e-mail, written fashion, or in person.
- Communicating with those people who operate outside the organization but who have a direct relation with the work the professionals.
- Making decisions by analyzing information and then assessing results in order to select the finest solution.
- Convincing the clients to buy goods which have been manufactured by the company he works for.
- Developing strategies and goals and taking adequate actions for achieving them.
- Identifying information, categorizing, evaluating, and then identifying the changes in events.
- Guiding, directing and offering support to the subordinates with the aim of making them function in the desired fashion.
- Providing guidance and direction to subordinates, including setting performance standards and monitoring performance.
- Updating knowledge related to the fashion world in order to apply them to regular functioning.
- Coordinating the activities of other employees of the company in order to achieve the final goal effectively.
Fashion Director Education, Training and Qualifications
A bachelor’s or master’s degree in Fashion Designing is absolutely imperative for a candidate to become a fashion director. On-job training is offered to these professionals but those who come with the experience of internship are more preferred by the recruiting companies.
Fashion Director Degrees, Courses & Certification
Many courses on designing, fabric and textile designs, marketing skills etc are offered which need to be taken in order to understand the intricacies of this field and to earn an edge.
Fashion Director Skills and Specifications
- Updated with the recent fashion trends and the requirement of masses
- Good deal of knowledge about fabrics, designs etc
- Ability to work under time constraints
- Ability to work in team and coordinate well
- Responsible and highly motivated individual
- Excellent presentation skills
Fashion Director Salary/Wage
The salary of a Fashion Director is about $ 90,000 annually. The expertise, experience of the professional and the size of the company he/ she is working for will also determine the salary level.