Finance Analyst Job description and profile
Finance Analysts or Investment Analysts have the task of gathering financial information and using them for making productive suggestions to the industries they work for. Financial analysts carry out financial examination on the basis of which they advice the companies about the mode they should make their investments. These professionals work for individuals, corporations, insurance agencies, banks and government agencies. Though these professionals perform a number of specific duties, there are certain common duties which have to be performed by all of these professionals.
Finance Analyst Duties and Responsibilities
- Analyzing financial facts and information for creating business and financial forecasts and using them in the process of taking vital investment decisions.
- Organizing the spreadsheets and also illustrating graphs and charts for utilizing them in carrying out financial documentation.
- Assessing and evaluating the relative quality of varied securities which are present in the industry.
- Interpreting those types of data which affect the investment program such as price, yield, stability and economic influences.
- Staying updated about the developments in the latest events in the field of finance, technology, business etc.
- Collaborating with the investment bankers for attracting the new clients to the securities firms.
- Contacting the brokers and purchasing the investments for the companies they work for keeping the company policy in mind.
- Determining the prices of securities keeping the needs and ability of the public.
- Preparing plans and programs of action for making investments, and presenting reports on the broad economic trends, corporations etc.
Finance Analyst Education, Training and Qualifications
Bachelor’s or master’s degree in Finance, Accounting or Economics is absolutely imperative in order to function to become a Financial Analyst. Those professionals who come with a master’s degree in business administration or management are even more preferred by the recruiting companies.
Finance Analyst Degrees, Courses & Certification
Apart from formal education, these professionals need to take certain certification courses which would increase their knowledge of the world of finance hence would help them to earn a better edge.
Finance Analyst Skills and Specifications
- Adept in finance related facts and matters
- Effective communicator with attention to diminutive details
- Ability to analyze facts and situations well
- Ability to take sound decisions
- Active reasoning abilities
- Mathematical and statistical skills
Finance Analyst Salary/Wage
The salary of Financial Analyst can be in between $65,000 and $100,000 annually. However, this hugely varies depending on the experience and expertise of the professional as well as the nature of the financial institute the person is associated with.