Finance Assistant Job Description and Profile
A Finance Assistant is such a professional who has the job of performing the office and clerical duties related to the accounting department of a company. Finance assistants can function in different types of industries, from hospitals to banks or from hotels to government agencies. They have the duty of answering phones, responding to emails, greeting the clients and performing simple bookkeeping works. Finance assistants can even check over the accountant’s work in order to verify that all numbers are placed in correct order. The duties of these finance assistants vary from one industry to another but the fundamental duties remain the same.
Finance Assistant Duties and Responsibilities
- Attending the finance meetings in order to document the key data and take decisions as and when required.
- Applying the fundamental accounting understanding in order to complete the finance related works.
- Performing monetary calculations for supporting monetary transactions related to the finance directorate.
- Creating, developing, and maintaining the accounting spreadsheets, identifying and resolving loopholes and discrepancies.
- Staying responsible for inputting the accounting information into accounting system accurately.
- Suggesting changes to the internal department policies as has been identified and staying involved with the development processes.
- Monitoring and contributing to process of drawing up budgets; Collating and recording check payments.
- Providing induction training and demonstrating activities to finance trainees.
- Assisting in upkeep of the department logs, database and recharges, and maintaining the departmental storage system.
- Assisting the accountants with daily tasks like that of billing, filing invoices, forwarding mail and other vital documents.
Finance Assistant Education, Training and Qualifications
A high school diploma is imperative in order to function as a finance assistant. Knowledge of math, finance, and computers is necessary to operate in this field. Some employers offer on-job training to the professionals once they get recruited.
Finance Assistant Degrees, Courses & Certification
There are many associate certification courses which are offered in this field by various companies where the professionals can learn the intricacies of this job.
Finance Assistant Skills and Specifications
- Good deal of understanding of the financial facts and principles
- Strong work ethics and capable problem solver
- Should be able to communicate properly.
- Good typing skills and basic computer skills
- Ability to carry out multitasking efficiently
- Able to follow the instructions properly
- Great analytical and supervisory skills
Finance Assistant Salary/Wage
The average salary of a Finance Assistant is about $ 60,000 annually where the professional is working and his years of experience will determine the range of salary that he would receive.