Finance Intern Job Description and Profile
A Finance Intern may function in the financial sector, investment banks or fiscal departments of different sized companies. The finance interns carry the job of researching and producing quarterly outputs, assisting with financial and budget planning, updating monetary documents, attending meetings, reviewing fiscal policies and procedures. Finance interns offer administrative sustenance for finance departments. However, the nature of internship and job duties greatly vary from one company but performs numerous duties depending on the nature of the department he/ she works for.
Finance Intern Duties and Responsibilities
- Reviewing subsidiary and universal journal entries ledgers, and ensuring that the entries are conforming to the universal accounting principles.
- Calculating payroll and sales taxes, and ensuring that commercial tax liabilities which are paid in time.
- Assisting with fiscal reports and helping with the accounts both receivable and payable along with bank statement settlement
- Assisting with audits and balancing sheet reconciliation, working with the finance team on yearly forecasting efforts
- Managing the process of monthly tracking of physical supply, processing the focused information, forms, reports etc.
- Supporting payment-processing panel of the company in carrying of their duties in their desired fashion.
- Carrying tasks of data entry and credit checks of the company efficiently.
- Working under the administration of the business division administration, collecting, processing, verifying, and reporting the accounting connected information.
- Assisting in the job of preparation of monthly economic reports, developing and making use of spreadsheets, computer applications etc.
- Carrying out accounting related works which are assigned to these professionals.
Finance Intern Education, Training and Qualifications
A college degree is necessary since the college students are entitled to do internship in the junior or the senior year of college. These professionals need to do bachelor’s degrees in auditing, accounting, or investment analysis, finance etc. Many candidates enroll for degree in liberal arts if the program curriculum is in sync with the operation of the department he would work for.
Finance Intern Degrees, Courses & Certification
Though this job itself is like a certification course where the professional learns the intricacies of this job there are many other certification courses available by doing which a professional can get to do the internship in Finance.
Finance Intern Skills and Specifications
- Aware of developments in the field of Finance
- Ability to communicate efficiently
- Hard working in nature
- Possessing multitasking abilities
- Possessing the ability to work in a team
- Obedient and courteous
- Ability to follow the instructions properly
Finance Intern Salary/Wage
The salary of a Finance Intern can be around $ 50,000 annually. Apart from the salary, these professionals enjoy compensations along with meal and transportation expenses.