Finance Supervisor Job Description and Profile
The position of a Finance Supervisor is similar to that of a finance treasurer who supports management team in taking proper operational decisions. This job requires managing funds in the task of maximizing return on the investment plan whilst minimizing risk and whilst ensuring an adequate control over the process of transferring and investing of funds. The finance manager is also engaged in the job of financial analysis of fields like forecasting, cost reduction, budgeting, and evaluating operational performance.
Finance Supervisor Duties and Responsibilities
- Establishing or adjusting work policies for meeting job schedules y making use of knowledge of the abilities of the staff.
- Providing counsel for accurate and timely delivery of assignments of the unit.
- Carrying out strategically HR management work and performing managerial work like that of resource management, development, talent management, succession planning, performance, compensation, replacement, retention, and termination.
- Building relationships with the external organizations for gaining knowledge, skill and value.
- Assisting program managers in the job of reallocating funds, identifying and pursuing important business opportunities.
- Analyzing planned policies, programs for determining the costs as well as the projected profit.
- Making proper recommendations for carrying out the job of strengthening business controls, reducing costs etc.
- Managing and maintaining relationship with the superior business executives and important business partners.
- Supervising the punctual and capable budget analysis, studying of operating results for determining return rates, cash flow needs, etc.
- Supervising the job of financial analyses for ensuring that work is getting completed within the stipulated time on the company procedures and policies are followed.
Finance Supervisor Education, Training and Qualifications
The Finance Supervisor needs to possess at least a bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting. On-job training too is offered to most of these professionals when they join work which is extremely imperative to function in the desired fashion.
Finance Supervisor Degrees, Courses & Certification
In order to operate in this field, the professional needs to possess a Certified Public Accountant certificate or any other similar type of certification.
Finance Supervisor Skills and Specifications
- Knowledge of financial procedures and policies
- Good communicator and should possess great problem solving skills
- Ability to supervise properly and efficiently
- Ability to think and plan logically
- Detail oriented in nature
- Ability to think critically
Finance Supervisor Salary/Wage
The average salary of financial supervisor is $70,000 but then the salary of the professional would depend on various other factors like the type of industry he/ she is working for, the level of experience etc.