Game Programmer Job Profile and Description
The Game Programmers are those professionals who create the instructions and programs required to run games. This professional works with the game development team and ensures that the developed final game comes with all the necessary features in a consistent form. The video and computer game development organizations hire these individuals for fulltime job or for part time basis.
Game Programmer Duties and Responsibilities
- Executing the creative plans which are developed by the game artists and designers in order to give the concept life.
- Making use of mathematics and requisite computer languages for writing the programs which are needed to make the games run properly.
- Completing different stages of the games and running many tests in order to ensure that the game is working properly.
- Making adequate corrections in order to make the game operate successfully.
- Designing the on the whole framework for the games and even its sound and images.
- Creating the programs that help to offer the power characters in game thereby making the characters respond to the players.
- Turning images and sound clips which are created by artists in such a way that the gaming systems get to access it.
Game Programmer Skills and Specifications
- Awareness about different types of video and computer games.
- Passionate about playing video and computer games.
- Excellent expertise in the field of programming especially in C/C++ or Java.
- Good understanding of graphics, designing etc.
- Creative bent of mind and innovative bent of mind.
Game Programmer Education and Qualifications
Bachelor’s degree in the field of computer science, engineering or programming from an accredited institution.
Diploma course in computer game development can be an added advantage.
Game Programmer Salary
According to Indeed.com in February 2010, the average salary of game programmer was of $64,000. However, their income would greatly vary depending on the nature of the game development organization they work for and the experience of the professional.
Sample Network Administrator Job Description
Sample IT Recruiter Job Description
Sample SAP CRM Job Description
Database Developer Job Description
Sample MCSE Job Description
Sample CCNA Job Description
Sample SAP Consultant Job Description
Sample SAP HR Job Description
Senior IT Project Manager Job Description
Senior Manager It Job Description
Senior Qa Engineer Job Description
US IT Recruiter Job Description