High School Teacher is required to teach the students in high school. A high school teacher is required to be well qualified as she needs to teach higher classes. A High school teacher should at least have a Master’s degree in her field of specialization. Like any other school teacher, she too has to prepare study materials, assignments and examination papers for the students. She is required to take classroom sessions and look for ways to make them more interesting so that the students are able to learn lessons and enjoy them at the same time.
She is required to ensure that the students maintain decorum in the classroom, library, assembly hall as well as other places inside the school premises. High School Teacher is required to report to the principle and take various decisions in association with the school principle and management.
High School Teacher Duties and Responsibilities
High School Teachers have to handle a number of duties and responsibilities. Few of these are mentioned below in detail:
- High School Teacher is required to design the course syllabus and curriculum for the high school students.
- High School Teacher needs to teach different subjects to the students depending upon their area of specialization.
- High School Teacher is required to prepare examination papers for the students and conduct examination.
- High School Teacher is required to check the solved answer sheets and grade the students based on their performance in the examination.
- High School Teacher is required to groom the students by encouraging them to participate in the classroom sessions as well as in other extra co-curricular activities.
High School Teacher Skills and Specifications
High School Teacher requires the below mentioned skills and specifications:
- High School Teacher should be well versed in the subject she intends to teach.
- High School Teacher should be confident and have good presence of mind.
- High School Teacher needs to have good verbal as well as written communication skills.
High School Teacher Education and Qualification
The education and qualification requirements for a High School Teacher are as follows:
- A high school diploma
- Bachelor’s Degree in English/ Mathematics/ History/ Economics/ Physics/ Chemistry or any other subject that she intends to teach in High School.
- Master’s Degree in English/ Mathematics/ History/ Economics/ Physics/ Chemistry or any other subject that she intends to teach in High School.
- Degree in Education and Teaching.
High School Teacher Salary
The average annual salary of a High School Teacher is $ 43,000. It may vary from school to school.