Hospitality Director Job Description and Profile
Hospitality managers have the task of overseeing the regular operations of the hotels, lodges, casinos resorts etc. They also coordinate the works of different departments and supervise their tasks like that of front office, housekeeping, room service, food, maintenance etc apart from taking care of the other daily operations. These professionals engage in the job of extending hospitality to the guests through leadership and overseeing of different aspects which lead to constructive administration of a hotel. This would also include satisfying the clients through the services offered at the hotel.
Hospitality Director Duties and Responsibilities
- Leading and directing the hotel operations, maintaining good customer relations, approving expenditures and providing necessary help to the staff.
- Fulfilling the responsibility of reporting to the department heads of the hotels like the human resources director, finance controllers, hospitality managers etc.
- Developing and communicating the typical hospital operating procedures, establishing the necessary standards for managing budgets.
- Conferring with the departmental heads in the process of coordinating the activities which together aid the smooth operation of the hotels.
- Dealing with the queries of the clients in a courteous way either in person or through telephone, e-mail etc.
- Dealing with the customer complaints and trying bets to get rid of these problems.
- Overseeing all the administration related tasks and completing them within stipulated time.
- Monitoring and overseeing the maintenance related matters of the property for which the director is working.
Hospitality Director Education, Training and Qualifications
Candidates should posses a bachelor’s or master’s degree in hotel, hospitality or business management is essential. Though a number of hotels recruit candidates with degrees in liberal arts, they require the candidates to have good amount of knowledge of the hospitality industry. On-job training is offered to these professionals which is necessary to function properly.
Hospitality Director Degrees, Courses & Certification
These professionals need to take training programs and hospitality management courses in order to proceed further in their career. These courses are sometimes funded by the hospitality corporations but then such funding is available only for those who have requisite potential.
Hospitality Director Skills and Specifications
- Good degree of knowledge about hotel operation styles
- Ability to communicate properly
- Great managerial skills with supervisory abilities
- Detail oriented, responsible, and hard working
- Excellent organizational skills
- Enthusiastic and highly motivated disciplined individual
- Good business acumen
Hospitality Director Salary/Wage
The salary of a Hospitality Director is about $ 90,000 annually. The salary of this professional is also dependent on the nature and size of the hotel he/ she is working for. Those hospitality directors who work for large hospitality chains are likely to earn a better salary.