Physical Education Teacher is required to give lessons on physical education to the students. They teach exercises that help the students to stay fit and active. They also instruct the students on eating healthy food. They are also required to take assessment tests of the students they train. They also give special coaching on physical fitness to the students who are involved in different sports and are a part of the school/ college team. A person aspiring for this position should have a degree in physical education and must be physically fit to perform various activities and educate about the same to the students.
Physical Education Teacher Duties and Responsibilities
There are a number of duties and responsibilities assigned to a Physical Education Teacher. These include:
- Physical education teacher is required to ensure that the students are involved in various physical activities that help them stay fit and healthy.
- Physical education teacher may segregate the students in 2 or 3 different groups based on their stamina and indulge them in different activities as per their capacity.
- Physical education teacher is required to teach the proper technique of carrying out various physical exercises.
- Physical education teacher needs to see to it that the students do not hurt themselves while trying to exercise.
- Physical education teacher needs to ensure that the students exercise for at least some time each day.
- Physical education teacher is required to provide tips on staying healthy.
- Physical education teacher gives suggestions on what kind of food should be taken by the students.
- Physical education teacher needs to give instructions on carrying out various exercises appropriately.
- Physical education teacher must ensure that all the equipments required for physical training are available for the students.
Physical Education Teacher Skills and Specifications
Physical Education Teacher requires the below mentioned skills and specifications:
- Physical Education Teacher should be physically fit.
- Physical Education Teacher is required to have knowledge about various exercises and physical fitness activities.
- Physical Education Teacher should have a commanding personality.
Physical Education Teacher Education and Qualification
The education and qualification requirements for a Physical Education Teacher are as follows:
- A high school diploma
- Bachelor’s in any discipline preferably in physical education
- Should attended a teacher education program specializing in physical education
- May require license to practice this profession
Physical Education Teacher Salary
The average annual salary of a Physical Education Teacher is $ 45000. The pay scale may vary depending upon the employer and also based on a person’s educational qualification and work experience.