Physical Therapist Job Profile and Description
Physical therapists take part in rehab programs by providing services that help in treating patients who are suffering from injuries or diseases. A physical therapist applies rehabilitation and exercise techniques in order to treat abnormalities or injuries. A physical therapist restores the normal bodily functions, helps in pain relieving, prevents or cures disabilities of patients and promotes the overall health of the patient. He analyses and evaluates the effects of the treatments that are provided by him at various stages and make sure that maximum benefits are achieved.
Physical Therapist Duties and Responsibilities
The following duties and responsibilities are required to be performed by a physical therapist:
- Plan, prepare and carry out health programs to improve and maintain the physical functioning of the body.
- Educate patients and their family about physical therapy and about the ways to prevent injuries and improve health.
- Monitor patient’s conditions during and after treatment and provide instructions about continuing the treatment procedures at home.
- Administers physical exercises and massages done in order to relieve pain, increase strength or to reduce deformity.
- Record patient’s details, their treatment and responses to the treatments provided, into the database for future reference.
Physical Therapist Skills and Specifications
A Physical therapist is required to possess the following skills and specifications:
- Must possess active listening skills and must be able to pay attention to details.
- Ability to instruct and teach well is important.
- Must be able to interact with patients of all age groups and thus must possess good oral expression and comprehension skills along with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to manage time well.
- Knowledge about physical therapy tools and their usage.
- Knowledge about accounting software and medical software like biometrics and clinicient insight.
Physical Therapist Education and Qualification
A Physical Therapist is required to possess the following education and qualification:
- A bachelor’s degree in Physical Therapy.
- Master’s in Physical Therapy following which the candidate can earn a Doctor of Physical Therapy degree.
- License can be obtained after passing the National Physical Therapy Examination.
- Residency programs can be completed following graduation programs.
- Aspiring candidates can become specialists by obtaining certifications from the American Board of Physical Therapy Specialties.
Physical Therapist Salary
The average income of a physical therapist is found to be $60,200 per annum and it varies depending on the qualification and experience of the therapists.
Health Assistant Job Profile Description
Diabetes Health Counselor Job Profile Description
Health Administrator Job Profile Description
Health Administration Job Profile Description
Health Coordinator Job Description
Philanthropist Job Description
Call Center Manager Job Description
HVAC Technician Job Description
Lab Director Job Description
Administration director job description
Finance Reporting Manager Job Description
Sales Technician Job Description