Project Administrator Job Profile and Description
Project Administrator Job profile includes handling different projects. They plan, finalize as well as manage the projects as per the client’s requirement and the budget set by him/ her. The task is quite tedious and involves great responsibility. A project administrator is not only required to complete his present project but also make sure that he works in a way that his organization is able to acquire more and more projects from that as well as other clients.
He needs to ensure quality and also adhere to the timelines and guidelines set by the client. Though he is mainly required to oversee and administer the work done by his subordinates but he may also be involved in working on the project himself in certain cases.
Project Administrator Duties and Responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities of a project administrator are as follows:
- A Project Administrator needs to plan projects as per the budget set by the client.
- A Project Administrator is required to coordinate with his team members to accomplish the projects assigned to him/ her.
- A Project Administrator is required to monitor the project.
- A Project Administrator needs to supervise the project.
- A Project Administrator is required to ensure that the project is done as per the set guidelines.
- A Project Administrator needs to ensure quality work.
- A Project Administrator is required to initiate the work and work until it is completed.
- A Project Administrator is required to discuss the progress of the project with the senior officials as well as the clients.
Project Administrator Skills and Specifications
The skills and specifications needed for a Project Administrator are as follows:
- A Project Administrator is required to have good leadership skills.
- A Project Administrator needs to have good analytical skills.
- A Project Administrator should have good communication and inter-personal skills.
- A Project Administrator should be efficient enough in using project management software.
- He should be able to understand different platforms.
Project Administrator Education and Qualification
The education and qualification requirements for a project administrator are as follows:
- A high school diploma is a must
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business administration or Project management
- Master’s Degree in Project Management or Business administration
Project Administrator Salary
The average salary of a project administrator is $72,000. The salary of a project administrator differs from company to company and also on the kind of projects he undertakes. The salary also varies depending upon his work experience and qualification.