Report Analyst Job Description and profile
Report Analysts have the duty of developing systems and modules for the business reports. They are experts in information management and software engineering. They should be able to coordinate effectively the team they are working with and the other multiple departments. They mostly use heavy quantitative and utilizes information technology for solving business problems.
Their superior communication skills and problem solving abilities help them to function in this field efficiently. They work in a range of industries- financial, health care, real estate etc.
Report Analyst Duties and Responsibilities
- Examining the specific requirements and concerns of the business for developing the applicable practices for preparing the business reports.
- Creating and keeping the efficient and safe systems in order to record data and produce relevant documentation.
- Training the workers in using of the systems, training them in the preparation of reports and rightly utilize the report data.
- Finding issues with the custom software, proposing, and developing upgrades in order to deal with the technical issues and then enhancing efficiency as the business requirements change.
- Working as a database administrator in helping craft information from the business computer systems for creating report used for the business analysis.
- Finding and statistically processes information and report in finding whether the information fits the requirements of business solutions.
- Helping the company in ensuring that the desired goals have been quantified from information processed by analyst.
- Helping in the interpretation of the complex information for providing supervisors and managers with data on occurrences in the company.
Report Analyst Education, Training and Qualifications
A Bachelor’s degree in computer science, economics, accounting, or finance is extremely imperative. Those analysts who possess master’s degree, especially in Business Administration are more preferred for the post of report analyst.
Report Analyst Degrees, Courses & Certification
Apart from formal education, these professionals need to possess certifications in management, computer database, software development, programming etc. These courses in computer science and business help the professionals to earn an extra edge.
Report Analyst Skills and Specifications
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Close eye for detail and great analytical skills
- Critical thinking and strong research abilities
- Ability to work independently
- Great problem solving abilities
- Great managerial skills
- Ability to work under stress
Report Analyst Salary/Wage
The salary of a Report Analyst is about $65,000 annually. The expertise, experience of the professional and location of the professional greatly influences the salary range. Those individuals who come with experience in this field are likely to draw more salary.