Research Analyst Job Description and Profile
The Research Analyst is also known as the financial analyst and he has the duty of carrying out the financial services of the person under whom he is employed. Large investment banks, security firms, insurance companies, business media etc primarily recruit these professionals where they provide investment guidance, expert analysis on a range of companies and industries.
Assisting the clients with the business plan development process, and producing data in order to support the product or business development are also part of their function.
Research Analyst Duties and Responsibilities
- Using strong mathematical and analytical skills for assessing the economic performance of the companies and the industries for the clients.
- Taking help of this assessments they generate research reports, which are detailed and extended which are distributed exclusively to clients, bankers etc.
- Focusing on specific company, reading their both quarterly and annual fiscal statements for determining the value of that company and estimating their future earnings.
- Participating in quarterly conference calls with the investors and the analysts from the competing firms for deriving direct data and interacting with companies and industries.
- Keeping close eye on the business trends, competitions and fresh regulatory policies that affect investments for which they remain responsible.
- Evaluating implementation efforts and making adjustments whenever needed.
- Contributing to entire team by attaining related results whenever needed.
- Applying all the necessary and known research techniques in order to derive the required results.
- Assist in developing research and undertaking analysis across a range of products
- Conducting industry assessments, identifying of evaluating the potential suppliers.
- Managing proposals, relationships with the vendors in order to acquire appropriate information which need to be used for developing forecasting models.
Research Analyst Education, Training and Qualifications
Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in economics, finance, accounting, or related field is highly essential. Though many companies hire people with bachelor’s degree for entry-level purpose, those who come with Master’s degree in business administration are more preferred.
Research Analyst Degrees, Courses & Certification
The candidates can complete a number of certification courses, which help them in acquiring knowledge and skills on various aspects of this field and such courses are offered by many professional trade associations.
Research Analyst Skills and Specifications
- Good deal of understanding of advanced software
- Close eye for detail
- Ability to carry out research efficiently
- Strong mathematical skills
- Ability to work under stress
- Great problem solving abilities
Research Analyst Salary/Wage
The salary of a Research Analyst is about $65,000 annually. With increase in experience, this salary is bound to increase.