Sales Manager Job Profile Description
The sales manager is an important part of any company. He or she is responsible for directing and managing the company’s sales program. This job involves handling different kinds of sales functions. The sales manager is required to create a goal for the company and ensure that the correct path is taken so as to ensure maximum profitability. He is also required to handle different employees concerned within the sales department. The sales manager is the one who bridges the gap between the sales employees and the higher management of the company. It is essential that that he or she is able to multitask and handle different responsibilities ranging from coordinating sales and market research to executing different sales strategies.
Sales Manager Duties and Responsibilities:
The sales manager is required to adhere to the following duties and responsibilities:
- He or she must be able to incorporate different sales trends according to the demands of the market and the company.
- He should be to handle different data.
- He must be able to create advertisements and promotional campaigns for the company products.
- He must manage and supervise an entire sales team and ensure that a harmonious work environment is maintained at all time.
- He should be able to create evaluation reports for individual employees in the sales department and produce it to the higher authorities within the company.
- He should be able to delegate duties and functions to subordinates as per his or her qualifications and skills.
Sales Manager Skills and Specifications
- Should be open to new ideas and criticism from the sales team. This helps in implementing changes wherever necessary.
- Should be able to communicate feedback from the other departments of the company to the sales team as and when required.
- Must be up to date about the different sales and market innovations and notify the company immediately.
- Should be able to create strategies for increasing sales figures in the company.
- Must have skills to create different kinds of reports pertaining to sales for employees and the company.
Sales Manager Education and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business administration.
- Master’s degree in Business Administration.
- Certification in Data Management and Book Keeping.
- Experience in sales from different companies.
Sales Manger Salary
The salary of a sales manager is largely dependent on the company he or she works for. However, the average income of a highly qualified and experienced sales manager is $111,760 per annum.