Special Education Teacher is employed at schools providing education to children with some physical or mental disabilities and these professionals are required to impart education to such students. These students may be suffering from mild or even moderate disabilities.
Like any other teacher a Special Education Teacher should also be thorough about the subject she is teaching. However, her responsibilities are greater than a usual teacher since she is dealing with disabled students it is essential for her to know about the various kinds of disabilities and the ways to handle students suffering from such physical problems. Most schools and educational institutes prefer hiring special education teachers having relevant work experience.
Special Education Duties and Responsibilities
Special Education is required to manage various tasks of the organization he is working for. Some of his job duties and responsibilities are as follows:
- Special Education Teacher needs to handle students having different physical disabilities.
- Special Education Teacher is required to teach different subjects to these student based on their area of specialization.
- Special Education Teacher needs to motivate and encourage these students to take part in different extra curricular activities.
- Special Education Teacher is required to work on the case management issues for these students.
- Special Education Teacher needs to look for new and innovative ideas to teach these students.
- Special Education Teacher is required to assess the performance of these students and grade them accordingly.
- Special Education Teacher is required to conduct oral as well as written examination and promote these students to the next class based on the examination results.
- Special Education Teacher is required to make the attendance record of the students.
- Special Education Teacher needs to ensure that every student is given special attention in the class.
Special Education Skills and Specifications
The skills and specifications that are required to become a Special Education are as follows:
- Special Education Teacher must have enough patience.
- Special Education Teacher should possess good leadership qualities.
- Special Education Teacher must have the skill of motivating others.
Special Education Education and Qualification
The educational qualification needed to get into the position of Special Education is as follows:
- A High School Diploma
- Bachelor’s Degree in any subject
- Degree in Teaching
Special Education Salary
The average salary of Special Education is $47,000. The salary may vary depending upon the company and the city the candidate is employed in and also based on the candidate’s qualification and experience.