Systems Analyst Job Description and Profile
A Systems Analyst has the task of designing solutions for betterment of the productivity and efficiency of businesses. They might carry out designing work for either the external clients or internal clients. A systems analyst can carry out research on any reported problem, propose solutions, advocate systems, and coordinate problem solving processes and ensure that business standards have been met.
A system analyst should be aware of multiple approaches needed to solve the problems and choose the best one from them. They should be familiar with the computer programming languages and can also translate the request of the client into the technical specifications.
Systems Analyst Duties and Responsibilities
- Interacting with the internal or external clients extensively and understanding the operations and systems of the clients.
- Translating the requirements of clients into extreme technical specifications in brief.
- Determining potential solutions and then testing them for the business and technical compatibility.
- Developing the project feasibility report, convincing, and also presenting proposals to clients.
- Working with software developers and end users for ensuring technical compatibility as well as user satisfaction.
- Planning testing schedule for the completion of system operations.
- Keeping abreast of the latest developments in the field of work up-to-date with the technical sector development in the industry.
- Providing users with aid in solving computer related problems, like that of malfunctions, program problems etc.
- Testing and monitoring of computer systems, including the installation of the computer systems.
Systems Analyst Education, Training and Qualifications
Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in computer science, business administration, etc is highly essential. Apart from formal education, proper amount of training and experience is extremely imperative in order to function in this field.
Systems Analyst Degrees, Courses & Certification
The systems analyst can undergo a number of courses which are available in their field as such courses improve their ability to work in this field. New courses on computer science and related fields are coming up which need to taken in order to earn the extra edge.
Systems Analyst Skills and Specifications
- Knowledge of diverse computer language
- Excellent amount of knowledge in both software and hardware
- Great technical skills and problem solving ability.
- Excellent organizational and coordination skills
- Ability to carry out fruitful research
- Logical thinking ability
Systems Analyst Salary/Wage
The average salary of systems analyst is between $55,000 and $90,000 but the salary increases as the professional reaches the position of senior systems analyst.