Technical Director is required to ensure that the department taking care of the technical tasks functions appropriately. He is required to prepare plans and strategies to ensure that the technical team works well and delivers the given tasks on time.
Technical Director also needs to conduct meetings with the senior technical staff members to understand the technical requirements and takes major decisions based on the feedback gathered from his team members as well as their internal and external clients.
It is essential to pursue a relevant technical degree and have several years of experience in this field in order to get into this position. One must also have good leadership qualities and sound technical knowledge in order to handle this position well.
Technical Director Duties and Responsibilities
There are a number of duties and responsibilities assigned to a Technical Director. Few of these are as follows:
- Technical Director is required to prepare technical processes and procedures.
- Technical Director needs to instruct the technical managers and supervisors on carrying out various tasks.
- Technical Director is involved in taking major technical decisions.
- Technical Director is required to ensure that the staff members from the technical department deliver the assigned work on time as well as ensure good quality.
- Technical Director needs to see to it that the staff members from the technical team provide complete customer satisfaction.
- Technical Director needs to ensure that the technical team works as per the guidelines set by the company.
- Technical Director is required to evaluate the performance of the senior technical staff and provide them tips on improving their quality of work.
- Technical Director needs to review the technical reports presented by the technical managers/ supervisors.
Technical Director Skills and Specifications
Technical Director requires the below mentioned skills and specifications:
- Technical Director must have sound technical knowledge
- Technical Director should be skilled in people management.
- Technical Director must have quick problem solving ability.
- Technical Director should have good analytical skills.
Technical Director Education and Qualification
The education and qualification requirements for a Technical Director are as follows:
- A High School Diploma
- Bachelor’s Degree in electronics engineering/ mechanical engineering/ software engineering/ computer hardware
- Master’s degree in electronics/ mechanical/ computer applications
Technical Director Salary
The average annual salary of a Technical Director is $ 125000. The salary of a Technical Director may also vary depending upon his employer and the city he is based in. The work experience and qualification of a candidate also impacts his salary.