Technical Manager is required to supervise the technical team and generate work from them. There are various other tasks that a technical manager is required to handle such distributing work to the technical team, reviewing the work done by different technical staff members, evaluating their work and providing them feedback on the tasks done, preparing technical reports, preparing technical processes, etc.
Technical Managers are required in different industries and it is essential to undergo a relevant technical degree course based on the industry you intend to work for. In order to become a technical manager one is also required to have good amount of experience in this field and excellent managerial skills.
Technical ManagerDuties and Responsibilities
There are a number of duties and responsibilities assigned to a Technical Manager. Few of these are as follows:
- Technical Manager needs to assign tasks to the technical team members and provide them instructions on carrying out the tasks efficiently.
- Technical Manager is required to supervise the members of the technical department on performing various tasks.
- Technical Manager needs to evaluate the performance of the technical team and provide them feedback accordingly.
- Technical Manager is required to prepare technical reports and share them with his supervisors.
- Technical Manager needs to see to it that the technical team members perform various tasks as per the company guidelines.
- Technical Manager may be required to deal with the clients requiring technical services.
- Technical Manager is required to maintain good relationship with the clients.
- Technical Manager is involved in preparing various new technical processes and implementing them.
- Technical Manager needs to review the existing technical processes and make changes in them, if required.
Technical ManagerSkills and Specifications
Technical Managerrequires the below mentioned skills and specifications:
- Technical Manager needs to have excellent managerial skills.
- Technical Manager must to have good analytical skills.
- Technical Manager needs to have quick problem solving skills.
- Technical Manager should have good people management skills.
Technical ManagerEducation and Qualification
The education and qualification requirements for a Technical Managerare as follows:
- A High School Diploma
- Bachelor’s Degree in electronics engineering/ mechanical engineering/ software engineering/ computer hardware
- Master’s degree in electronics/ mechanical/ computer applications
Technical Manager Salary
The average annual salary of a Technical Manageris $ 110000. The salary of a Technical Managermay also vary depending upon his employer and the city he is based in. The work experience and qualification of a candidate also impacts his salary.